For the batter
- 150 g butter
- 150 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml Turkish yoghurt
- 350 ml wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150 ml Dumle sweets, chopped
- 100 ml dried cranberries, chopped
- 100 ml Dumle sweets, chopped
Making the batter
- Whisk the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, whisking all the time; then add the yoghurt to the batter.
- Combine the wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, Dumle pieces and chopped cranberries in another bowl. Fold the dry ingredients, Dumle sweets and cranberries carefully into the batter.
- Divide the dough into liners. For the most beautiful result, place the muffin liners in a muffin baking tray. Bake in the middle part of the oven at 175 °C for 20–25 minutes, until they have taken on a beautiful colour. When ready, let the Dumle cupcakes cool on a rack.
Making the icing
- Mix the cream cheese, crème fraîche and icing sugar. Spread or pipe the mix onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate the cupcakes with chopped-up Dumle sweets. Serve!
Tip: ice the cupcakes as needed. The cakes can be prepared in advance. The cupcakes can be stored at room temperature without icing, but once they are iced they need to be stored in a cool place.